12.05.2008

MY Low and Slow bitches.


So today is right around the 2 year anniversary of me owning my single cab and I realized that I've mentioned it a few times in this blog, but haven't really shared much in the way of specifics on it. I figured I might as well do that now just in case anyone is actually reading my drivel. The truck in a 1963 Volkswagen Type 2 Single Cab. It has the dual treasure chest door option and is mostly solid where it matters. My plan is "low and slow". I'll be getting the 1500cc powerplant going and smacking this thing on it's ass. I'll be running a 4" narrowed, adjustable beam in the front with 2.5" drop spindles and ghia disc brakes. I'll be running ghia steelies with 165/50/15 Federal Formosa tires. In the rear I'll be using a complete '67 Beetle tranny (drum to drum) with offset spring plates. I'll be using stock steelies, but I'm unsure as to what tire size I'll be going with - probably a 185 or 190. We shall see. Other than that I'll just be redoing the braking system and patching up the major rot. I want to be able to throw my Trump on the back, too so I'll be making some sort of a tie-down system. It'll get done when it gets done.

No comments: